Facilities maintenance doesn't occur in a vacuum. Grounds and buildings belong to the town and the schools. The maintenance department's job is to ensure that facilities and grounds are in the best condition to support the mission of the district. Day-to-day maintenance must be guided by a school facilities maintenance plan that is aligned with a larger organizational plan to identify whether day-to-day maintenance operations support current and future organizational priorities.
The Marblehead Public Schools utilize SchoolDude, a web-based facilities management and preventative maintenance program.
Some of its features:
• Tracks and prioritizes open work orders
• Records resolutions
• Tracks completion timelines
• Inventories materials
• Centralizes building and facilities scheduling
• Tracks regular preventative tasks
• Tracks projected and realized costs to inform budgets