History of the Glover School

 oldgloverbw1

The original Glover school was designed by architect Walter S. Brodie. It consisted of two buildings. The 'lower building' was built in 1916 and the 'upper building' in 1948. The school, named after Revolutionary War hero General John Glover, was built on a former Naumkeag Indian encampment. Shortly after it was constructed, locals began calling it "The Farm School" since many of its students came from families that owned vegetable farms in the surrounding area.

In August 2012 both buildings were demolished so that a new Glover School could be built in their place.

Glover School  
AR-308089847.jpg&MaxW=650 Sept 18 2012 bulldozer  

 

On February 24, 2014, students entered the new Glover School for classes for the first time. The school includes classes from Pre-K  to Grade 3.

JCJ GloverElementary 01 JCJ GloverElementary 14 JCJ GloverElementary 09
JCJ GloverElementary 11 JCJ GloverElementary 13 JCJ GloverElementary 06

Translate this website

English French German Italian Portuguese Russian Spanish
© 2017 Marblehead Public Schools