The Marblehead Public School system has adopted the SchoolMessenger Notification Service to enhance school-to-home communication. This service allows Superintendent Maryann Perry and district administrators to send a voice, email and/or text message to designated contacts for families. The majority of the broadcasts will be Non-Emergency in nature. Only Superintendent Perry would initiate an Emergency Broadcast.
All non-emergency messages may be sent to two phone numbers and two email addresses that parents/guardians have designated as 'Primary'. Emergency broadcasts would be sent to additional phone numbers and email addresses, if the parents/guardians have provided them. Duplicate numbers/addresses are flagged by the system to eliminate repeat calls.
District administrators may utilize SchoolMessenger for:
• District-wide safety and security issues
• Cancellations, delays, or early dismissals due to inclement weather
• District bus transportation issues, including the closure of the Causeway
Your child’s school’s administrators may utilize SchoolMessenger for:
• Extra-ordinary building conditions, such as heat, light, and/or plumbing issues
• Neighborhood construction issues affecting traffic patterns or parking
• Early Release and Open House reminders
• Report card, progress report and parent-teacher conference reminders
• Transportation messages, such as late bus routes or field trip
• Athletic events/cancellations or reschedules
• Fine Arts productions/cancellations or reschedules
• Surveys on timely educational topics
What you need to know about receiving SchoolMessenger calls:
• Your caller ID will display your school’s or the district’s main number when a non-emergency call is
generated. Caller ID will not display a name with the number.
• Background noise from answering machines or cell phones might affect the message’s clarity.
• At any time during the call, the call recipient may press any number (1-9) to replay the message in its entirety.
Contact information for SchoolMessenger communications is pulled from your Aspen contact records. To update your contact info, follow the instructions below:
Emergency Card Update Instructions
Before you try to login, be sure you have enabled pop up windows from aspen.marbleheadschools.org. Many computers have more than one pop up blocker installed. Most web browsers have their own pop up blocker and tool bars such as Google or Yahoo also can have their own pop up blocker. If you do not know how to enable pop ups from one web site (aspen.marbleheadschools.org), then you should allow all pop ups while using Aspen.
IMPORTANT - The changes you submit with this process will not show up immediately. Your child's school office needs to review the changes and post them. Please do not submit changes for the same child more than once. If your changes are not appearing after one week, please contact your child's school office.