MASC Rubric Goals
- School Committee (SC) will use the summer retreat to discuss goals for the coming year, ideally aligned with the Superintendent (SUP) goals, and finalize/approve the document in the Fall.
- SC will work with the SUP over the summer to provide feedback on SUP goals and approve those goals at the beginning of the school year.
- SC will periodically give feedback to SUP on SUP goals and provided evidence.
- SC will conduct an informal discussion and self-evaluation of their own goals midyear (before December break), followed by a more formal rating and self-evaluation in late April using the Governance Rubric provided by MASC.
- SC will continually discuss and analyze policies and goals of the district and initiatives that support outstanding instructional leadership and students' reaching their full potential.
- SC will discuss and maintain operating protocols and approve at the start of each new school year (by October at the latest).
- SC will use MASC workshops to guide discussion of any and all pertinent and timely issues facing the district, including, but not limited to: self-evaluation, best-practices of high performing districts, community engagement, preparation for public hearings, SUP and SC evaluation, and any other topical issues.
- SC will hold at least two of these additional workshops during the year: one prior to the December break, and one prior to April break.
- SC members will be prepared for meetings, review materials promptly, voice options respectfully, express opinions as part of topic discussions, and act in the best interest of students.
- SC members will participate in, and inform the committee at large of, sub-committee work and liaison meetings.
- SC members will work with SUP to schedule any additional meetings/workshops that may be required to plan for and inform the community of upcoming initiatives or issues.
- SC will review and provide feedback on SUP/admin team reports in an effort to establish and maintain a "district dashboard."
- SC will work with SUP to ensure that SC portion of the district website is up-to-date and communicates pertinent information to the school community.
- SC will ensure that community and stakeholders are informed of issues and have the opportunity to provide feedback prior to decisions being made, particularly on significant issues and agenda items.
- SC committee will educate the community on our roles and the proper chain of command for providing feedback or resolving issues.