A language-based developmental classroom model is offered because all children learn differently and at different rates. This model ensures the integration of students with varying disabilities. Individual and group activities are designed to ensure that all children are challenged and that they all have the opportunity for continuing progress. The classroom provides children with the opportunities to actively participate in activities that foster growth.
Marblehead Public Schools also offers a Transitional Kindergarten (TK) program. The classroom will provide an inclusive model led by a Special Education Teacher and supported by a paraprofessional staff. Students will participate in social emotional learning, and preacademic skills that will support learners in preparation for Kindergarten. The classroom is intended for no more than 15 students within this program to help target specific needs.
21/22 Transitional Kindergarten Schedule
- TK Schedule: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri. 8:05-12:30
- All Students attend from 8:05am - 12:30pm
- Extended Day option Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri from 12:30 - 2:25pm. There is no extended day option on Wednesdays.
Pre-K and TK are offered at both the Glover and the Brown School.
To inquire about openings in the Pre-K program and for any additional information in regards to Pre-K or TK, please email email@example.com
Marblehead Public Schools will conduct its annual Preschool Screening on Wednesday, February 16th, 2022 and Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at Glover School, 9 Maple Street.
Children must be 3 years old by August 31, 2022 in order to be eligible for the preschool program.
The purpose of the screening is to review a child’s development. Children who are not identified as a student with a disability in need of special education services, are eligible for tuition-based openings in the Integrated Preschool Program. All students must participate in the screening to be considered for enrollment. Preschool students without disabilities should be toilet trained upon start date.
If we have more applicants than there are model slots, a lottery will be conducted. Lottery results will be shared with families shortly after all children are screened.
Screenings are by appointment only. To schedule an appointment please use the Signup Genius link on the Marblehead Public Schools website.
Masks are required of all students and adults. Classrooms and materials will be sanitized before and after children are evaluated. Evaluations should take roughly 20 minutes.
Guardians will be asked to wait outside of the evaluation classrooms. They will be asked to fill out Parent Information Packets while their child is being evaluated. If you have questions about the preschool program please call Glover School at 781-639-3190 ext. 54100.
- The 30 minute screening involves a brief overview of fine motor, gross motor, cognitive and language skills.
- Parents fill out a brief questionnaire while children participate in screening.
- Child must be 3 years of age to be a "peer model"
- All peer models must be fully toilet trained
- There are a limited number of peer model slots available
- Once you have completed the Screening and confirmed a preschool slot, families will be sent a link to complete the Pre-K Registration.
Tuition for 21/22 School Year
- Preschool Program is $4,000
- PK Extended Day option is $2,000
- Transitional Kindergarten is $5,000
- TK Extended Day option is $2,000